Monday, August 12, 2013

UPDATE ON RONNIE

First of all, Thank you so much for your outpouring of prayer and concern for Ronnie, his mother, Mary and their family. Ronnie's surgery was Friday. I have received two emails from Kay.
I am sharing those with you, as Kay updates his condition better than I.

Friday, August 9th
"Ronnie had his surgery today. They had hoped to only have to
take the upper lobe but did have to remove the whole lung.

I saw him around 3:30 in intensive care and he was doing
good. He did not have to go on the ventilator, he was
breathing well enough on him own to not have to do that.

He had just received something to eat and said he wanted to
eat.

Please thank everyone for their prayers and ask them to
continue to remember him as he recovers.

Will keep you informed as time goes on.
Kay"

Sunday, August 11th
"Thank you so much for checking on Ronnie. He really is doing
good . The doctor  said just the fact that he did not have
to go on the respirator put him 2-3  days ahead in recovery.
He was moved to a room today. He has been in a good deal of
pain today but that is expected.
my family has certainly seen God answer prayers this week.
Ronnie said he felt like he was actually breathing better
since the surgery. I think the bad lung was making him be
short of breath.

Mama is doing much better. I took her to the hospital on
Friday. It was a long day for her but she got to see him
before she left and he was doing good and looked good so
that made her feel better.

Thank you so much for your prayers. We appreciate them so
much. Please continue to remember him as he recovers from
this.

Kay"
We praise our Holy God that Ronnie has come through surgery so well! Our Lord is faithful in his love and grace for his children.

A treatment plan and prognosis has not been relayed to me at this time. I will continue to update you, dear friends, as I get additional information. I know you will join me in continuing to pray for Ronnie and his family.

You are such special people
x_3dc510dd photo x_3dc510dd_zps83f83ac0.gif

15 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

So happy to hear he does need a ventilator...the lungs are made up of to lobes on the left and 3 lobes on the right...so happy the other lobe are taking over, such a good thing,..I used to think there would be a big space left when they took an xray, not the case, the others just fill in the space like water baloons...I hope any of this info helps, I feel like an expert having had that surgery...hang in there sweetie...he sounds young and strong

~ Nee ~ said...

Ginger, what wonderful and joyful news to know Ronnie is doing so well . prayer and faith is strong and with our 'Father' everything is possible...miracles do still happen . Thank you for the update and we are praying Ronnie keeps improving and home with family soon .

~~louise~~ said...

That sounds like wonderful news, Ginger, thank you and please thank the family for keeping us informed.

As you know, my daughter is also ill. I gladly include Ronnie in my Michele prayers.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such great news! I pray each day he will continue to improve.
Blessings,
Cindy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,
Thanks for Ronnie's update. He still will have a long way to go and lots of healing. But so far it sounds positive and that helps the very best. Of course, feeling the strength of being united in prayer with so many caring people works uplifting and is the very best pain-killer!
Hugs to all involved.
Mariette

Barbara F. said...

So happy to hear the news, Ginger. I will continue to keep Ronnie and his family in my prayers. xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So glad to hear this, thank you for the update!!!

Carol

Chatty Crone said...

That is great and wonderful news. We will keep praying!!!!!!!!!

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad he is doing so well, Ginger. His one lung will expand with time and take over some of the function of the lung he is missing. He will feel a bit scared when he first starts moving around because that is when it will hit him that he doesn't have as much air as he used to have....but he will learn breathing techniques that will help him.

Glad Mom is okay, too, and that she got to see Ronnie. Blessings- xo Diana

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I am glad that Ronnie is doing well after the surgery. I pray that he recovers quickly and adjusts well with having only one lung. Take care.

Anonymous said...

So glad to here Ronnie has come through the surgery well. Continuing to prayer.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,Shelia ;)

Babs said...

Thank you so much for the updates on Ronnie's surgery and recovery. Such good news that he didn't have to be on the ventilator.
I'll continue to keep Ronnie and his family in my prayers.

Creations By Cindy said...

Great news! We do indeed serve a mighty God! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

Thanks for much to keeping us posted on Ronnie's progress, Ginger! I lost a lung ten years ago and with time and healing have done just fine. I hope Ronnie has a similar experience. In the meantime, my prayers for all continue!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Thanks for the update Ginger...praying for continued improvement and recovery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...