Thursday, August 1, 2013

Favorite Thrift Finds!

I always enjoy seeing posts 
about your fantastic thrifting deals.

I occasionally run across great finds that I enjoy keeping.
Sometimes I photograph them but never get around to
sharing them. Today I'll share just a few of my
Thrifty Finds




Isn't he adorable? A stainless/aluminum? ice bucket.


I purchased him at a flea market for $2.50.
His brother is listed on Etsy for $125.00, I listed him for $75.00 but Bob didn't want to sell him so I took him down.

Have you ever lost something and you know you would never have gotten rid of it? Well, I lost my bundt pan and couldn't find it anywhere, tho I looked high and low. Did you like that poem?
That was a freebie!
Not the pan silly, the poem!
The pan cost $.50, yep, 50cents. No stick coating, no less, for that pricey pan.
It took me a bit to figure which way this pic was originally taken. 
I purchased a tray like this, in Savannah, for my oldest daughter a few years ago. Hers has silver colored bows. I thought it was awesome. This year, we were thrifting in Illinois, we ran across this one with the brass bows. $10.00 and it was mine and for much less than I paid for hers.

This is how it looks on my dresser. I wish I had a picture 
of Kim's tray on her dresser. It looks just as beautiful as mine.
We feel so special!!

I'm Cute, I'm Cute!!


Wadda think? Is my b**t too big?
All you rooster lovers eat you heart out!

This spring, Kim and I were thrifting on Hilton Head...Yes, you can thrift shop on Hilton Head. Well, Kim called me from across the store. I looked at her and she had that Cheshire Cat grin. I paid my $3.00, rather quickly and he made the short jaunt back to Skidaway Island.





A gift from Kim. One of her thrifty finds $.25! He and the fellow above are buds! They hang around the kitchen together.

Another thrifty find and gift from Kim. Set of four of the cutest napkin rings/place card holders. Not sure of the price of these.
I do know what Kim pays for things...not much. Good daughter!!

See how neat this is? A ring for the napkin and a slot for the card.
Well, did we cop find some neat bargains or not?


Come on over, I will be setting a table with these and you are invited. You are also invited to leave a comment. Remember, I love the sound of your words!


x_3dc510dd photo x_3dc510dd_zps83f83ac0.gif

16 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Well what great finds. I love them all but you know me for blue and white so my favourite has to be the gorgeous chick/rooster.
:)

Lynn said...

All fun items! I love the napkin rings, they are really neat:@)

Unknown said...

LOVE the rooster - and LOVE the napkin rings - ( well I love everything actually that OWL is pretty incredible too )!!!
XOXO

Debbie said...

I'm cute! I'm cute!

That made me smile all over. It's one of my favorite lines from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Loving your thrifty finds in a big way. I keep telling my friends that I want to road trip to Hilton Head for the THRIFT stores. They only want to go to the stinking outlet.

Next time, I'm doing the driving and leaving them at the outlets while I thrift. I just know I'll find great stuff.

NanaDiana said...

What fun finds, Ginger. What a funky owl ice keeper...so comical. That blue and white rooster takes the cake though for me- xo Diana

Babs said...

I love seeing your finds...great shopping! Your mirrored tray is gorgeous. Love the way you styled it. The little blue and white rooster is totally cute.
xo Babs

Chatty Crone said...

I am just plain jealous. What kind of stores or places do you go to get those great things!? sandie

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,
You and Kim are great treasure hunters. ALL are lovely pieces and the way you put them to use makes them very special. Can't blame Mr. Bob for clinging to his owl. That's for WISDOM!
Hugs to you both,
Mariette

the cape on the corner said...

that owl! he's a really unique piece. what I want to know is, why are those crazy good prices never at any of the stores I go to?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Everyone's thrifty finds are some of my favorites too. I lost my avocado green bunt pan too! I love the dresser mirror, and rooster...Oh heck I love everything!

Carol

~~louise~~ said...

What lovely treasures Ginger. The pickins' have been pretty slim in my neck of the woods. Delighted to know they are still out there!

Thanks for sharing...

Barbara F. said...

I love all these things, Ginger, and the prices make it even sweeter! I love that owl for the season coming up, and the tray for dresser I would love to find one like that. xo

Mary Ann Pickett said...

What a deal on the bundt pan.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Such great finds! I love all of them.

Unknown said...

Great finds! Love the rooster!

Suzy said...

Love every single one of your finds, Ginger. And no - I no idea you could go thrifting in Hilton Head! Hope you and Bob are doing well. Lots of xo's. Suzy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...