Friday, August 2, 2013

PRAY FOR RONNIE!

I have a special prayer request of my blogging prayer network.
I know this is a strange picture to be showing when I am asking for prayer.

I can explain! This fruitcake directly relates to Ronnie's sweet mother, Mary. A couple of years ago I did a post about my family's tradition of baking this fruitcake from a vintage Savannah recipe.  As a result of that post I was contacted by Ronnie's sister, Kay.  She had memories of baking this cake with her mom when she was younger.


Kay and I communicated through email since and shared  about our families, especially her mom, Mary. We vowed to have lunch together. Well, Friday I had lunch with Kay and Mary, as they only live about an hour ouside of Savannah. It was a fantastic day! Mary and Kay were a delight to be with and I felt like they were long time friends. Mary is a strong wonderful southern lady who has nurtured a loving family of five children. Only a few days earlier she learned that her only son, Ronnie, had lung cancer. 

Ronnie is to have surgery this Friday (9) to remove one lung. This lovely great grandmother has seen her share of life's joys and trials. This will be a tough trial after having lost a daughter to cancer about two years ago.  The current plan is to remove one of Ronnie's lungs on Friday but the surgeons hold out hope for saving the lower lobe.

I shared with Mary and Kay the wonderful community of blogging I have come to know and love. I shared the way you decend upon a request for pray without ceasing.

I am asking that you to pray for Ronnie, Mary and their family as they face this monumental challenge. Help me share with Mary and Ronnie the love and prayers of strangers who are brothers and sisters in our Lord.

Please leave a message of prayer and encouragement for them here but please add them to your blog's prayer list, your church's prayer list and anywhere God's people come together in his name.

I will pass on your prayers and I will keep you updated on Ronnie's progress.

Thank you to each and every one for being loving and caring friends.

I am sharing my request here:
Party Junk
Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sundays
Between Naps On The Porch
Blue Mondays



x_3dc510dd photo x_3dc510dd_zps83f83ac0.gif

28 comments:

~ Nee ~ said...

I join with you in prayer for Mary , Ronnie and all her family as they take on this challenge . Mary and her family will be on our prayer list .

We all have to reach out in spirit with prayers . Mary please believe our 'FATHER' will guide the surgeons hands .
I will add them to my church prayer list .

Prayer can work miracles .

Chatty Crone said...

I will pray with you for Mary and for Ronnie. Unfortunately I do understand loss. I don't always understand God's ways - but I do know that HE loves us and everything will work out according to His will - eventually.

Ginger you will have to give us updates.

I think I remember you writing about the fruitcake.

Love, sandie

Anonymous said...

My heart agrees with yours in prayer.
Blessings,
Shelia ;)

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

I was so upset today because my server was down and I could not work on my blog. Reading this put some perspective on my issue. May God Bless Ronnie, Mary, and you.

NanaDiana said...

I missed this last night, Ginger, because I went to bed early. I am so sorry that they are dealing with this. One of our friends had a lung removed several years ago. They were not able to save the lower lobe but they did get all the cancer. That has been about 15 years ago and she is doing fine with no recurrence. Please keep us updated. I am praying! xoDiana

Barbara F. said...

Adding Ronnie's name on my daily Rosary (right next to you-know-who). I will pray for strength for his mother, too. xo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Praying and adding Ronnie to my prayer list. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm praying, I'm praying with you for Ronny, Mary and her family to be better soon and I hope everything came out well with her surgery! Keep us updated, please.I always keep you and Bob in my prayers, too. Lots of love.
FABBY

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,
I sure do recall your earlier post about the fruit cake.
This is a serious call for prayer but all together we are a strong force. I had another dear friend in The Netherlands had to have his lung removed for the very same reason. He's still there and it seems that HOPE + PRAYER is a great ingredient for ALL TOGETHER pulling through.
Tight hugs to this family and for you dear Lady for posting about it.
Enjoy your Sunday, I know you both go to Church, as we do. Let's keep up with that tradition and also let's hope more and more people will return to the only source of hope.
Mariette

Beverly said...

I will hold Ronnie and your friends close in my heart and prayers.

Thank you for sharing with us at Pink Saturday.

Unknown said...

Prayers for Ronnie and his family! and everyone who has and is touched by this horrible disease! I hope he will get through the surgery and recover in record time. :D Hugs to them all.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

God bless, Ronnie, Kay and Mary...and you for spreading the word.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I will join you in prayer for Ronnie and his family. May the Lord bless and keep them in His loving care through this surgery and during his recovery.
Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl

Ivy and Elephants said...

They are in our prayers. I've know loss, but I've also experienced many miracles. He is all powerful and hears our cries.
Blessings,
Patti

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Ginger, first of all thank you so much for being my new follower, I appreciate that so much, I work so hard on the blog, love it when someone likes it and wants to follow...Just Let me tell you I had that exact operation 5 years ago this month and have been cancer free so far...they removed the largest lobe on the left side . I will pray for Mary and her son...just let her know there are many successful stories out there...I am already a follower of yours and I will come back to visit more often...

Unknown said...

Sweet Ginger, I'm sorry that I'm only now seeing your request. I will be praying for Ronnie, Mary and Kay. I pray each of them are comforted by the presence of our heavenly and merciful Father.

Love to you all,
Tracy @ cotton Pickin Cute

The Tablescaper said...

Sending prayers their way.

Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Alycia Nichols said...

so sad to see this. i will pray for healing.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Lifting Ronnie and family to the Lord right now....and asking for God's hand to direct the surgeons' hands and for Ronnie to have a speedy, full, and complete recovery and healing. May everyone connected see that it's God who has touched Ronnie. And may Ronnie and each member of the family be overwhelmed with God's peace between now and the time he is given an all clear. Our God is able to do amazingly more than we can ask or imagine. To him be the glory!!! :)

~ Nee ~ said...

Hi Ginger ,
Just signed up to follow you by emial .
Please keep us up to date on Ronnie's condition . tell Mary she has a lot of spiritual sisters & brothers praying for her .

I'm following your blog and I saw it as soon as you posted about Mary ....
Thanks for following me on Pinterest .

Neesplace.blogspot.com

Suzy said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this sooner (been out of town). I hope that Ronnie's surgery went well and was a success. I pray for a smooth recovery for Ronnie and will lift his whole family in prayer. xo's

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am just now seeing this Post Ginger..I pray that things went well!!!

SmilingSally said...

How kind you are, Ginger, to ask for prayers for Ronnie.

Even with no blue, I'll keep this link on today.

Have a good Blue Monday.

Mary L said...

Ronnie is in our prayers. Keep us posted on him.

Mary L

Babs said...

I'm lifting up prayers for Ronnie in his surgery. I'm praying that God will be with the surgeons and doctors and direct them in the way Ronnie should be treated. Also prayers for Mary and the family for strength and peace during Ronnie's surgery and recovery. Please keep us posted.

Babs

Anonymous said...

Praying for healing for Ronnie, and for comfort for him and his family. Hugs - Dawn

joyh82 said...

Sending prayers for Ronnie, prayers can be powerful. :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh dear heart I am so sorry for that family...She must be just sick with worry, I just bowed my head now and asked the Lord to heal Ronnie!

Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...