Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hint of Autumn!! Really?

I am reviving this post that I published during my first month of blogging. Be kind, now!
I am joining Chari at


TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2010

THRIFTY FALL CENTERPIECE

Free Centerpiece!!
"YOU CAN DO A LOT OF DECORATING WITH VERY LITTLE"

My Sweetie Brings me flowers every Wednesday!! 
My Sweet Old Bob has been doing the grocery shopping 
for many years. He took on the chore after I had back surgery.
He thought he did a better job than I and I never told him any different.
For a year or so I thought he was such a sweetie
and still romantic after 50 plus years (he truly is a sweetie). 
One day I accompanied him on his Wednesday shopping trip.
The produce manager comes up to "Mr. Romantic" and says
"Mr. Bob don't forget to pick up "the little lady's" flowers today".
It seems the produce manager actually
GIVES him a bouquet of his choice each week.
My sweetie is a retired food broker and really chews the "fat"
with everyone each week. They apparently love his visits.
That particular week, the produce manager got the kiss, on the cheek, instead of
"Mr. Romantic".
So you see, I get flowers, sweet old Bob gets a bargain (and a kiss) 
and the staff at the market enjoys hearing about the "golden olden days".
Everyone Wins!
I hope you enjoy the beautiful arrangement that results.

21 comments:

Raindrops and Daisies said...

What a lovely romantic post!

The flowers look great and the way you have arranged them is fantastic.


Fiona

Miss Char said...

Very pretty Ginger, gotta love Mr. Bob and the produce manager!

orchidlanedecor.com said...

LOL! Oh Ginger, it still pays to have a man "on the inside"!

Suzy xxx

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Awe, how sweet! And I love the fall flowers too.

Barbara F. said...

Hi Ginger, I still have power and cable, thank God, don't know for how long, happy to read your post this am, which was absolutely adorable!! xo,

Debbiedoos said...

I love this Ginger, so simple, yet so pretty.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by!
Im a little jealous of your weekly flower bouquets!!! great job
Laura from www.lifewelive4.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Very Sweet post...and I think this is the one that made me fall in love with Sweet Old Bob!;>) xo Diana

Melissa said...

Romance comes in many forms!
I love the fall arrangement, but it's the story behind them that makes them so pretty and special.

Southerncook said...

Beartiful arrangement.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Susan said...

This is truly a sweet story! I love the arrangement!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

oh my word...I have several terracotta chicken casserole things gathering dust on a shelf...now I know what to do with them...besides watch dust gather! thanks for the great idea...your arrangement is beautiful :)

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Ginger...

My friend, it's such a pleasure to have you join in with our Sunday Favorites party this week! What a sweet post to reshare...I sooo enjoyed it! Ohhh my...your honey certainly is a "Mr.Romantic"...bringing you fresh flowers every week! I just think that is the most awesome and sweetest thing that I've ever heard! And...it sounds like he is well loved by those he visits at the store every week! wink!

Well dear lady, you certainly did create a beautiful autumn arrangement with that beautiful bouquet of flowers! I love that you used your terra cotta duck...it's perfect for autumn! It made the most beautiful table centerpiece...along with that pretty fall plaid table mat and lit candles! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Ginger & Bob,

Wow, this post did reveal a LOT about your kindness and way with people...
Hugs to you both,

Mariette

afternoon tea said...

What a beautiful post. And, yes, your flowers are also beautiful.
AT

Babs said...

Great story! Love it and that your Sweet Old Bob brought you flowers each week. What a sweetie. I love your arrangement and your cabbage platter,too.
Have a great week,
Babs

Suzy said...

How sweet, romantic and thoughtful Sweet Old Bob is! So wonderful that he still loves you so much after so many years. Love the container that you used and the arrangement that you put together.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

I think Sweet Old Bob is a keeper!! Seems like you decided that a long time ago. I love hearing about couples who still do nice, thoughtful things for each other after all those years. The flowers are very beautiful. I hope you and Sweet Old Bob have a great week. Shannon

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your sweet flowers from Bob he is also sweet. Your ceterpiece is Beautiful. I just post my Tablescape for Melanie did you see it? I hope you have a great week.
XXOO Diane

Unknown said...

Such a lovely story and centerpiece. Love it!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely story and centerpiece. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...