Sunday, December 15, 2013

Seen Santa Lately?

HMPH!!
YOU HAVE…NO KIDDING?
Free Christmas Clipart  Christmas Scrapes.
On a recent visit to my daughter's home, we took a few days off…together, just the two of us!

On our way HERE, we stopped 

HERE!

 I had never been to Santa's home town and found it interesting but less than impressive. Perhaps if there were snow on the ground it would have looked more like Santa's abode. However, there was shopping aplenty.
Not sure what was with the gravel. Perhaps it was supposed to look like snow.
Our first stop!
Hi, Santa. Oh, we can't go in that door? Betcha got those elves and toys in there. C'mon just a peek! Surely that's not a sweat shop!
 Rudolph is away…playing reindeer games.
Don't tarry too long, fellow! You have a big job coming up!
What a pretty entrance, a hint of what's to come.

AAH, sugar plums are dancing in my head!
Talk about a kid in a candy shop! We also had the greatest Iced Hot Chocolate! I know. I thought it couldn't be but it did taste exactly like Hot Chocolate! We craved another for days.
Do any of you have one of these "awards"?
You know, I was the model for this leggy lamp?
Am I the only one who thinks this machine is kinda creepy?
This has got to be the PEZ capital of the world. 
A small sample of their selection.
More Santa gear than you would ever want to see.
 Are you on overload yet?
But wait…there's more!
This is SANTA'S Ornament Shop. What could be more official. Dare we go in? You doubted me?


One one of about eight rooms of glitz!

Santa asked me to tell you...
He loves you to the moon and back!


I am partying here, want you join me?

P. S. I finally got my tree finished today. Yeh!

 Free Animations Source

17 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Looks like a fun time, and can really put anyone in the Christmas spirit. Xo

~~louise~~ said...

Now that's the Ginger we adore! I am speechless because Santa's Home didn't look all that inviting. (I'm sure it was that gravel:) However, once inside WOW!!!

I'm rather surprised that the town doesn't celebrate a bit more. Or do they?

That lamp is hysterical. Good thing I wasn't there, I may have tried to buy it!

You look terrific Ginger. I'm sure spending quality time with your daughter was invigorating!!!

Thank you so much for sharing Ginger. It's wonderful to "see" you.

Chatty Crone said...

You have me seeing Christmas and Santa here - and I LOVE that purple tree. So pretty. sandie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lord have mercy, that is some Santa stuff!

xo

Sheila

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,
That was a really fun time for the two of you. Like being a kid again and enjoying this Santa town!
Hugs,
Mariette

~ Nee ~ said...

Hi Ginger , What a fun time you had , all the Santa stuff is awesome and thanks a bunch for carrying me along with you . Happy Holidays dear Ginger , thanks for sharing :)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a fun trip and great shops...You had me at all of the great candy!!! oh and love your leg! lol

Carol

NanaDiana said...

Wow! That is a whole lotta Santa going on there, Ginger. How wonderful that you and your daughter could get a couple of days toether though. How great is that!?!!! There are two of those leg lamps in our neighborhood. I never saw the movie until last year (yeah-no one else could believe it either) so I never knew what the hoopla was about the leg lamp...lol So funny! Hope yuou have a great week- I am on supercharged GO here- xo Diana

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

My kind of fun! Too bad they don't make more effort to dress up Santa's place even with plastic snow or something. I love that movie with the leg lamp....especially when it arrives in the crate and he misprounces Fragile...fragillie!! LOL

Alycia Nichols said...

I have never even HEARD of Santa Claus, Indiana!!!! What cave have I been living in?!??!! What a fun place! You're right...snow would have made it a bit more festive and convincing, but all the fun and bling helped me to get over the lack of snow right away!!!

Iced hot chocolate? I think I could do that!!! I'm not a big chocolate fan EXCEPT for drinks, so I'm sure I could enjoy an iced chocolate just as much as an iced coffee. Mmmmmmm!!!

I love the photo of you posing alongside Santa!

You naughty girl with the leg all exposed like that for all to see! :-)

SmilingSally said...

Hi Ginger,

What a terrific post. I've never been to Santaland, so it was extra special for me to visit along with you.

One thing: although you left a comment, you did not yet link in to Blue Monday! Come on back--PLEASE!

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

What a grand time for you and your daughter! A free day together is reason enough for celebration. You look so healthy and happy in your picture! Best wishes for a truly blessed Christmas!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Now that's what I call being IN THE LAND OF SANTA! I love him too. Just want to stop by and say Merry Christmas!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh wow Ginger those are really fun looking places to visit. The cold hot chocolate sounds really good. The leg lamp is from my favorite movie The Christmas Story!

Beverly said...

I always loved trips with my mother. I know you girls had a great time. The snow order must have been misplaced.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh what a fun place to be!!!…and I have that leg lamp!!!..

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Ginger, so glad you were able to spend time with your daughter.

I love your header pic - Savannah at its best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...