Tuesday, April 12, 2011

THRIFTY FINDS

THRIFTING FUN!!


THESE MAY NOT BE "WOW" JUST YET BUT THE PRICES SURE WOWED ME! I WILL BE POSTING THEM AGAIN WHEN THE WOW FACTOR RAMPS UP!

WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS VISITING IN MARCH WE SPENT ONE DAY CHECKING OUT THE THRIFT AND CHARITY STORES. 
The vintage crochet cloth was brought to me by my daughter in Illinois.
 It came from a thrift store in southern Illinois
The Humane Society thrift store was having a sale. Everything with a green dot and under $10.00 was $1.00 and items $10.00 or more were half price.
These were the $1.00 items I purchsed:
I already have a use for this cute little vase in a future tablescape.
I am always looking for different and unique things in which to make fresh flower arrangements.
This cute little gravy boat is so crazed inside it can only be used for flower arrangements. Can't you see a sweet little arrangement in this?
This is ugly in it's current state. I mean ugly!!! I will painting this. I think maybe white and antiqued. Then I think it will make a unique container.
For $1.00 I can always find a place to use this one.
These came from various thrift shops:
$2.00 each. The label says Waterford. I didn't know they made linens but these are lovely. 
There were only seven of these. $6.00 and extremely high quality.
I fell in love with these at $2.00 each. They were new in a little used furniture shop.
I will use these with my Desert Rose pattern. 
This metal candlestick for $2.00 will get refinished.
I think I did pretty well. What do you think? 
I am joining these gracious hostesses for their parties. Please link to them for great fun and inspiration. 
What's Up Wednesday/Elements-Interiors
Wow Us Wednesdays/Savvy Southern Style

24 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I think you did GREAT! Love those little rose napkin holders...those are napkin holders, right? And what a lot of pieces you got for $1.00 each for floral arrangements! Wow! I'd say you had a field day! xxoo Diana

Susan said...

You made and an awesome haul!! i LOVE ALL THE YELLOWS!

Babs said...

I think you did VERY well! I like the little flower napkin rings and the Waterford towels. I finally had some luck thirfting. It's been a couple of months since I found anything worth showing anyone. Mostly books at GW.:)
I'm waiting to see what arrangements you make in the cute containers.
Babs

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your haul, Ginger! What fun finds!

xo,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger! Yes, ma'am! I'd say you did great - I love your finds! That crocheted piece is just gorgeous! I crochet and know how long it would take to make something like this. Isn't sad to think whoever made this that no one in her family wanted it? Well, maybe they did and they passed on. The main thing is, it's found a new home now and when you get tired of it - send it to me! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Grannys Attic said...

Hi Ginger, I think you get a "WOW" from me today! Great finds and really great prices. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Vicky

Vintagesouthernlife said...

You did great. I love the linens and the little pink flower napkin rings.

Lynn said...

Fun finds Ginger! Lovin' both of the napkin rings-have fun:@)

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your kind comments-really appreciate them-and wow- I just love it when I score some beauties when thrifting-nice colors too!

Martha said...

Great finds and those napkin rings are made to go with your dessert rose dishes!!!! Can't wait to see arrangements in those lovely containers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Granny, I'm excited to see what you do with these great finds.

Looks like yall had a wonderful treasure hunt!
And it didn't bust the "retired banker"(hehe-pun intended)hehe.
Love and hugs,come for another visit,I've been "OUTDOORS".
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. You did a Great Job With all your lovely finds.
I do remenber the wood napkins rings a long time ago with salad blows ~~~ I love the pink flower napkin rings this would good with your [Deswet Rose plates ] with a light green color napkins. I hope you are doing better now ~~ Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape~~ Have a Great Evening sweet lady.
xxoo
Diane

Karie said...

I think you did great. You found some very nice things and wow the price you can't beat. Those linens are gorgeous. Great job finding treasures. Karie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You got some awesome finds! I love the rose napkin rings. Great vases and planters!

Mariette said...

Dearest Ginger,

You're one happy lady with your treasures!
As far as the Rhododendrons, that is the scientific name. The common name is Azalea and you DO have them in your area; Savannah is full of them and it draws many a tourist to the city.
So that said, I'm not living in the north of the state but right in the Heart of GA; only one-and-a-half hour to the west of you on I-16!

Have a lovely day and find some flowers to start using your treasures.

Mariette

Ami Allison said...

OH!!! I want to go shopping with you!!! I LOVE thrifting!!! My hubby does too! Although his thrifts are as fabulous as ours! He scored a $25 thing-a-mah-bob cable at the GW for $2! He was pretty excited!! NOW you do look fabulous!! Happy be-lated birthday to a fellow southern aries!! Could you send your son and some Key Lime pie over!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm so glad to visit you back from Redo 101. Wish I could have gone thrifting with you because it's one of my very favorite things to do. You scored some fantastic finds, and I can't wait to see the "wow" factor you give them. I "followed" you. (Come back and hit my follow button if you get a chance!)

Mary @ Redo101.blogspot.com

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Loving those napkin rings! Great buys Ginger!

By the Bluegrass said...

Very nice finds! I love seeing other's thrifty purchases. I especially like that neatly shaped bowl.
xo,
Sena

Fishtail Cottage said...

Hi there! thanks for popping over to say hello! You shared some great finds, the flowered napkin rings with the vines are my favorite (adorable)! xoox, tracie

Carolyn said...

I love all your finds! Thanks for visiting me and for your sweet comment! I am now following you!

LindyLouMac said...

Hi there, I am calling by to return the follow as I love to get to know my readers in return. I love your latest finds especially the crochet and linen as I have some like this my MIL gave me! Belated Happy Birthday.

Diane said...

You found yourself some pretty good deals! Love, love the yellow. I am glad we are following each other now so we can check out the vintage/thrifty treasures! Diane

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I love to find unusual containers for flower arrangements and you found some great ones! Love the price too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...