Home

▼

Monday, September 26, 2011

THRIFT STORE PUMPKINS?

Modern look pumpkin!
My daughter, Kim, picked up orange colored garments at GW and created some pumpkins for her Fall decor. 
They were having a clothing sale, everything that fits in one bag for $2.00. She went through and bought all the orange.
The one above was made from a colorful scarf and is one of my favorites.
I think this one is a man's polo type shirt.
She sent these pics from her phone and they are varying sizes.
This appears to be a man's sport shirt.
Kim did tell me this one is very large!

I Think this one is a woman's dress.


She gathered the fabric, with a rubber band or decorative fabric scraps, around sticks for the stems. They are filled out with plastic bags.

I think these turned out great. What do you think. 
Easy peasy, yes!

I will post an update when I see how she displays these.

Joining these great parties today, come along.

13 comments:

  1. They turned out great! I love using old clothes for fabric:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had that kind of vision. I imagine the pumpkins were all scratched, and she thought of covering them up. Then she also had the foresight to use stuff she had. Great recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, I love re purposing and they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute and I love that she repurposed the clothing and plastic bags for a great new idea.
    Even though the pumpkins are orange, they're also "green". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, creative idea! With no mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, How cute are those? I LOVE the first one! Perfect looking and so much fun! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of pumpkins for $10.00. She did good!!! And you know how I love out-of-the-box creative ideas.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant!

    They are beautiful and WOW can't beat the price.
    Smart daughter you have there!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! What a great idea - I'm stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever and cute too! I would never look at clothing and think of that. You taught your daughter well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment before you go! I love the sound of your words.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.