Saturday, March 31, 2012

Traditional Living Room in Savannah

Today, I would like to share a tour of my
 Savannah Living Room.
~~~~~
I have posted this previously but maybe some of you haven't seen it. Alison, at the Polo House was having a "Your Favorite Room" 
party so I dredged it up again. I hope you like what you see. If you do please leave a comment.

MONDAY, MAY 2, 2011
Living Room Tour

Today I am sharing some pictures of my living room. These pictures were taken before I knew to turn "off" the flash.
Come on in and make yourself at home!
The desk sits against  the left wall as you enter the living room from the foyer.
The bible belonged to my daddy, the old spectacles on the bible belonged to Bob's grandfather.
These photos were taken at a previous Easter. Most of my photos from this year turned out blurred.
Things are always changing in this room. 
I move things around often, 
it can morph several times a day..
View from foyer. The rug is too small but I haven't found the perfect one just yet.
I will know it when I see it. The solid wood floors are Rosewood.
Another view from the desk area. I sure am glad gold and brass are coming back.
If you hang in there long enough you'll be in style again!

The view to the right of foyer door. Sofa was purchased from a fire sale. Really! A local furniture had a small fire and they were selling this high end sofa for a song. It was reupholstered in this beautiful silk candlewick.

This gives you a better view of the sofa although the photo is not good. The art over the sofa is a vintage filet crochet piece. I found it in a thrift shop. It was in the same frame but with ugly burgundy background and mat.
I love it because it mimics the design in the sofa. It broke my heart that someone worked so hard to create this beautiful piece and it ended up in a thrift shop. I like to think I rescued said piece.


Close ups of the fabric
I made the valances and side panels. The valances are made from a Duralee silk fabric.
I made the dining room drapes from the same fabric.
Dining room drapes
We'll tour the dining room on another post.
The lamps by the sofa and on the desk are Waterford.
The large lamps were anniversary gifts, the small one was an ebay purchase.
The Baker secretary desk came from a local antique dealer and chair from a thrift shop. I upholstered the chair seat.

 Views from the family room
View into the family room and curio cabinets.
 Part of my Blue Transferware resides on top of the curios. 

The watercolor print is by Tina Fripp of Hilton Head. The house is the Rose Hill Plantation House, located near Hilton Head. A partial view of one of two curio cabinets.
Another view of Rose Hill

Another of Tina Fripp's works. This one is the Grand Ole Oglethorpe Hotel in Brunswick Georgia.
It was built in 1866 and unfortunately is now gone.
This is where the Boehm "Spirit of Bethlehem" is kept eleven months a year.


The ferns and palm are real. The greenery on top of the curios is fake. I can't water up there.


I hope you have enjoyed your tour. Please come back anytime. You are always welcome. 
I am joining the following gracious hostesses. Please link back to them for fun parties.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend. If you are driving please take care.

PoloHouseEye Heart
Making the World Cuter Monday

you are talking too muchmop it up mondays
Becolorful

29 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your room is stunning. I love the beautiful blue and yellow color scheme. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Barbara F. said...

I am so glad you are reposting. I did not see it the first time. It is a beautifully decorated room and I love the blue and yellow color scheme. Always like springtime! xo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your living room is gorgeous, I love it all! I do adore your gold curio cabinet and yerah, all the inside treasures too! I love the bench and the upholstery of it. I like your artwork too...ok, so now can you take me to your kitchen for a cuppa tea and cookies, or whatever, lol..hehe..Luv ya.
FABBY

Babs said...

Ginger, Your living room is just beautiful. I love your desk and the wall color is perfect with the blue transferware. I like how you arranged it on top of the curio cabinets.

Debbiedoos said...

I loved the tour again. It is such a pretty pretty room. Filled with love and treasures! Your window treatments are fabuloust oo.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Ginger I would never get tired of touring your beautiful living room!! Love the blue and yellow color scheme and LOVE LOVE that gorgeous secretary you have in between the windows!

Susan said...

Your living room is absolutely gorgeous!! I am a traditional decorator as well, and your room is truly a beautiful room.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Just as I would expect the beautiful living rooms in the Savannah homes to look.

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Your room is worth seeing again-it is beautiful. I love blue and yellow together.Hope you ae feeling better.

Jeanne said...

I am so glad you shared your beautiful traditional home again. I haven't seen it before. You have lovely taste in everything you do. Your drapes are gorgeous. I can't believe you made them yourself. Kudos to you.

My prayers go out to you in earnest.
Blessings, Jeanne

Suzy said...

This is such a beautiful room, Ginger. It's the kind of room that I would walk into and immediately feel like "Ahhh...I'm home." Yellow and blue are one of my favorite color combinations. And of course, your valances and draperies are stunning! I'm praying for you daily. xo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Ginger,

This post I remember very well from last year. Great style.
Hope you both are doing better. Today we had rain here so that will have removed the last pollen too I hope.
Love to you,

Mariette

Pat M said...

What a fun tour...your room looks warm and homey. Your fabric choice for the sofa is lovely...I love the pattern! Thank you for welcoming us into your home!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

Katherines Corner said...

You have a lovely home Ginger. Thank you for sharing xo P.S. I love that the nativity is up all year long xo

NanaDiana said...

Everything is just beautiful, Ginger. Your rooms are always so pretty and I love that everything looks so homey and cheerful! xo Diana

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Ginger. Your living room is lovely. I know I've commented on your dining room before, particularly the gorgeous fabric for your window treatments. The fabric on the couch is also lovely, and the wall color is absolutely yummy. Thanks for sharing. I missed a post or two, so I see you're not up to your usual self...I hope you're doing well. ~Zuni

The Tablescaper said...

You have such a beautiful home, so full of gorgeous detail.

Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Helen's Decor said...

Ginger, your home is lovely through and through. Love the living room. Remember, I've been saying for a while that things like gold and brass might be out of vogue, but never out of style. And I'm sure you can see that in Savannah's historic homes, too. Love it, Helen

Kim, USA said...

WOW love it!

Blue Monday

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Ginger,. I love coming over to see you. Everything is just beautiful, Your rooms are always so cheerful and pretty, you always know how to put it all together!!I love that everything looks so homey and cheerful also! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Easter Tablescape in purple. I hope you have a wonderful week and a Happy Easter with your family.
XXOO Diane

Creations By Cindy said...

Your living room is beautiful! Love how you have the Nativity scene encased like that! Beautifully done. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

LindyLouMac said...

It is looking lovely, thinking of you as promised.

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

I loved your tour, Ginger! Such a beautiful living room with so much history! How great that you have treasures from loved ones now gone -- the Bible and the old spectacles and your thrift shop finds are amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely room. From the window treatments that you made yourself, with goblet pleats no less, to the framed embroidery over the sofa...I loved all of it! And yes, so pleased that brass is on it's way back!

Lynette

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Ginger!

I will never forget, the first time I found your blog you had posted on your silk goblet pleat blue and yellow silk draperies that you were making and you just blew me away. I cannot ever imagine being able to do something like this, much less have it turn out perfectly professional!
You have SOME kind of talent, friend!


Love this room and the soft, inviting colors and collections.

It must be simply magical in person.

:)
Enjoy the day!

xoxox
Alison

Thanks so much for sharing at Favorites on the First, Ginger

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Ginger you know I love your beautiful living room!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger. I just adore your pretty living room and the blue and yellow colors are one of my favorites. Love the snap of your two winged back chairs!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sarah said...

Ginger, your living room is gorgeous. Love the beautiful secretary with the family treasures. And the silk drapes you made are glorious. You are one talented lady!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Ginger,

Your living room is gorgeous! I love your valances and that sofa.

Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...